Introduction to Craft Skills April 2016
The Regional Center for Advanced Manufacturing (RCAM) is pleased to offer an "Intro to Craft Skills" class. The class will be a combination of instructor led and hands-on lab experience totaling 80 hours of instruction time. The class will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM starting on April 4th. The class will run for 6-7 weeks.
Cost: The cost of the class will be $10 and will include all supplies.
Location: The RCAM is located at 305 West Main Street, Kingsport, Tennessee.
Instructions: Click on "Add to Cart" then follow the on-line instructions to complete the registration process. A confirmation email will be sent to you when your registration has been processed. Once you receive the confirmation email, payment of $10 can be made at the Student Services building at 222 West Main Street in downtown Kingsport. If you encounter any problems, please call 423-354-5275.
• Basic Safety – 12.5 hours
• Introduction to Construction Math – 10 hours
• Introduction to Hand Tools – 10 hours
• Introduction to Power Tools – 10 hours
• Introduction to Construction Drawings – 10 hours
• Basic Rigging – Optional hours TBD
• Introduction to Materials Handling – 5 hours
• Basic Communication Skills – 7.5 hours
• Basic Employability Skills – 7.5 hours
• Win-at-Work (Interviewing/Good Work Habits/Getting Along/Getting Ahead – 4 hours
- Available Seats : 10
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays
- 5:00-9:00 pm