Introduction to Craft Skills April 2015
The Regional Center for Advanced Manufacturing (RCAM) is pleased to offer an "Intro to Craft Skills" class. The class will be a combination of instructor led and hands-on lab experience totaling 76.5 hours of instruction time. The class will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:15 PM to 9:15 PM starting on April 27th. The class will run for 6-7 weeks.
Cost: The cost of the class will be $20 and will include all supplies.
Location: The RCAM is located at 305 West Main Street, Kingsport, Tennessee.
Instructions: Click on "Add to Cart" then follow the on-line instructions to complete the registration process. A confirmation email will be sent to you when your registration has been processed. Once you receive the confirmation email, payment can be made at the Student Services building at 222 West Main Street in downtown Kingsport. If you encounter any problems, please call 423-354-5275.
• Basic Safety – 12.5 hours
• Introduction to Construction Math – 10 hours
• Introduction to Hand Tools – 10 hours
• Introduction to Power Tools – 10 hours
• Introduction to Construction Drawings – 10 hours
• Basic Rigging – Optional hours TBD
• Introduction to Materials Handling – 5 hours
• Basic Communication Skills – 7.5 hours
• Basic Employability Skills – 7.5 hours
• Win-at-Work (Interviewing/Good Work Habits/Getting Along/Getting Ahead – 4 hours
- Available Seats : 19
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
- 5:15 - 9:15 pm